For many years, if a patient had issues with both mental health and chemical dependency, administering medical professionals would only treat the addiction first, meaning that patients wouldn’t get the help they so desperately needed.
It wasn’t until the 1990’s that dual diagnosis rehab treatment began to be implemented. With dual diagnosis treatment, a patient could be simultaneously treated for both mental health and chemical dependency, a method that has proven to be effective for recovery.
Our Dual Diagnosis Rehab Program
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s Dual Diagnosis Program is designed to treat patients who struggle with psychiatric illness compounded by chemical dependency. Our medical professionals do not draw a hard line between mental illness and addiction and are trained to administer effective treatments to all of our patients.
At Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, Dual Diagnosis Rehab Patients can expect:
- Comprehensive medication management and treatment for both the psychiatric and chemical dependency diagnosis
- Treatments based upon the 12-Step Model
- Evidence-based relapse prevention curriculum to help them maintain their sobriety
- Group therapy experience utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as well as process and expressive techniques
- Discharge planning to include education on community resources and support groups to assist them in maintaining sober living outside the hospital
Take the Next Step Today
We encourage the entire community to learn more about Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital in order to discover the various treatments available that can allow patients to find the help they need and improve their lives.