Patient visitation is held several times per week, and we encourage family involvement and communication during the treatment process. Visitation times vary by unit and can be obtained by calling the front desk at 972.982.0897. This information is available in print form at the front desk or through the Intake and Referral department. Please note these other rules regarding visitation:
- All visitors must check in the main lobby with the receptionist, obtain a visitor badge, and sign the “visitor confidentiality form.”
- Visitors will be asked to sign out on the register upon leaving. Visitors will be required to leave personal belongings in their car. Cell phones are also not permitted on the unit as they may contain a camera, which violates our policy on confidentiality.
- All visitors must respect the program rules and all patients’ privacy.
- Any belongings and/or packages brought to patients must be checked in by staff.
- Anyone appearing under the influence will be asked to leave.
- Due to limited space, only two (2) visitors are permitted to visit each visitation session.
- Visitors must be at least 13 years of age, and children cannot be left unaccompanied in the lobby.
- Patients who have visitors who are unable to visit during regular visiting hours must obtain permission from the treatment team if visiting will continue during off hours. Clergy are welcome at any time.
- New patients will not be able to visit for the first 24 hours after admission. This period of time is for assessment and observation. However, special accomodations can be made by the treatment team for family to visit during this period.
We also ask any visitors with recent flu or respiratory symptoms to also delay a visit until feeling better. We appreciate your support in our efforts to limit our patients from further health issues.
We hope that you enjoy your visit at Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital. Thank you for being a part of your friend or loved ones treatment. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please ask a member of our staff.
Take The Next Step Today
Please call 855-982-0897 to start your road to recovery.